1796 LIBERTY CAP 1C, LIBERTY CAP, DENT. BORDER MS62 Brown
LIGHT CHOCOLATE PLANCHET. S-84. RARITY-3. GARRETT PEDIGREE.
NGC Graded Higher:
In 1796, General Moses Cleaveland surveyed the Western Reserves of Connecticut for the Connecticut Land Company to divide the area into townships. The area, later part of Ohio, became known as “Cleaveland”, named after the General, was incorporated as a city in 1836 under the slightly modified name of “Cleveland”. This 1796 cent recalls the beginning of a city that in 1920 would be the fifth largest in the country for a time.